Fermi Energia incorporate ESG – environmental, social, and governance considerations into our business model and strategic decision-making processes.
Our Values: Openness | Veracity | Science-based
Fermi Energia activities directly contribute to the following UN sustainable development goals and targets:
- Toetame ja ergutame valdkonna (STEM) teadus- ja arendustegevust.
- Tõstame Eesti konkurentsivõimet läbi stabiilse ja taskukohase elektri.
- We contribute to the development of the municipality through infrastructure investments, employment and stimulation of local tourism.
- Employees with the same position and skill receive similar wages.
- Continuous sustainability monitoring with founders and management.
- We contribute to the increase of employee satisfaction and professional knowledge.
- We help fight climate change through CO2-free electricity.
- The waste, residues and emissions generated as a result of our activities throughout the supply chain do not pose a threat to society.
- We are building the most environmentally friendly SMR in Europe.
- Master's and bachelor's scholarships for students studying physics and the energy sciences.
- Lessons in schools and lectures at universities, public education projects, especially involving women and young people in Virumaa.
- Long-term fixed-price electricity contracts for businesses and residents in Estonia
- Establishment of a visitor centre and an additional EUR 35 million investment for local development.
- Training of Fermi staff at a US technology supplier, specialised trainings and study visits (OPG, KSU, IAEA, etc.).
- Quarterly founders' workshops - discussing policy and sustainability issues and setting up and implementing a feasibility programme for the construction of the plant
- Celebrations and events with the team.
- Ensuring equal rights for throughout human resources policy, including avoiding salary gaps.
- Reducing the carbon footprint (scope 1-3) through the assessment of sustainable solutions and suppliers.
- We will develop a safe management concept, both technically and financially, for the waste generated.
- We develop the best technical solution to protect the water environment.
- The SMR will comply with all EU BAT requirements for large combustion plants (over 50MW).